Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New FS Set color (Also RAL color)

emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in FeatureScript
I want to share a new FS to set color to parts and surfaces.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2882d15c5e3e6c7a3ff4f401/w/5e653b35cf350e2cb3537444/e/522c2c8804f938b1b9993a22

This FeatureScript let you set the color to parts and surfaces, set the transparency, select the RAL color from a list and set the RAL color in a property.

Hereunder you can see a video (the audio is in spanish) 
https://youtu.be/_T9sECDnzhY
Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                     Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @emagdalenaC2i
    Do you have a link to the document?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have edited the post
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    Very nice Eduardo...
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Fancy :+1: ,please tell me you had a script to make that look-up table?
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Gracias @emagdalenaC2i, tan útil!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    I have a question and it is not intended to criticize Eduardo's effort in any way but I don't seem to see much difference between the transparency levels. 1% seems to show all background lines as clearly as 75% and perhaps it is intended to behave exactly as it does but I was wondering if there wasn't a way to show a more true transparency that also muted the background lines? In other words at 2% not only the part/surface would be transparent but background lines would be muted covered as well by that chosen percentage?
    It looks like 0% gets a bit closer to the look I would prefer with the background lines muted and also with the inherent weirdness that 0% transparency would be expected to cause

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    @larry_hawes you have to change your view style to Shaded without edges for that. Access that in the little pulldown menu below the view cube.
    Thanks Cris but what I would prefer is to see the transparency affect the part in a way that muted the lines, not removed them. I am in no position to request such things as the generosity of these feature scripts offered to users is so appreciated I'm just thinking I may not actually use it as the lines which I would like to see muted are too visible to make it useful for my purposes. Makes the feature no less though and very much appreciate the energy and effort.

It is very cool that we can now add transparency to a single part in a multi part studio - very nice.