Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Export Bounding Volume

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I have designed a kitchen cabinet, quite advanced with all kinds of stuff going on inside;)

However, when I export this to simpler formats, like Collada/STL, I don't really need the complex geometry inside the cabinet. My files are 70Mio now for a few cabinets.

From Wikipedia: 
In computer graphics and computational geometry, a bounding volume for a set of objects is a closed volume that completely contains the union of the objects in the set. Bounding volumes are used to improve the efficiency of geometrical operations by using simple volumes to contain more complex objects

So, I want to export the bounding volume, so that I can get the outside surfaces of the cabinet. 

Answers

• Options
    famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    ..or can I convert the whole shebang to a solid, which would then cancel out the internal geometry?