Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export, but not everything in the Assembly

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I have imported a kitchen wall and floor, then I've made a kitchen assembly.

Now I want to export it, but I don't want to export the floor and wall again. 

Can I exclude this from the export in some smart way. I could hide them, I assume, but it's tedious every time I want to export. 
Tagged:

Answers

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @famadorian - Not sure exactly what you were hoping for, but - I would simply suppress the sub-assemblies (and parts) in the assembly tree and then export the entire assembly (suppressed parts are skipped). I hope this helps.

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    I mean I want a hollow or solid object. So if my cabinet included a lot of internal geometry inside the cabinet, I don't want to include it in an export which has no way to open the cabinet to see the geometry.
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @famadorian
    you should be able to edit in context, copy in place and then with boolean & enclose tools create a block with outside only geometry.  The difficulties will be if parts are not touching each other.  You will need to close any openings in order for enclose to work and then boolean the results.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Arunabha_NagArunabha_Nag Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 17
    @famadorian
    Depending upon how your assembly is structured, you may be able to use configuration to achieve this. Basically create one configuration where you suppress the instances that you do not want to export.