Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Intersection between sheet and solid?

traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
Is there a way to get the wire(s) resulting from the intersection of a sheet and body? Or two sheets?

It my feature I was boolean intersecting bodies and then applying a heuristic to figure out which faces to look at. The intersection wire above would give me the same info and the number of wires resulting would give me useful info as well...

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Not yet I think -- our opBoolean needs some generalization.  Basically, our solid functionality is much more complete than sheets and wires -- so if you can work with solids (and query for, say, intersection edges), that is likely to work better.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @traveler_hauptman
    You can currently get intersections between sheets and solids by setting the `allowSheets` parameter to true when you call opBoolean.
    In order to generate wires from two intersecting sheets, the `eraseImprintedEdges` parameter must be set to false. Another limitation of generating wires is that there can only be one wire generated from the intersection.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100