Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to export sketch as DXF using the API

Hi, I am looking to use the API to hook up a python script to optimize some electric motor geometry. I need to run some simulations on a 2D DXF output of the geometry.

How can I use the API to export a sketch to .DXF?

I found some endpoints that facilitate STL and Parasolid export, and I found some stuff to do with exporting Drawings as DXF. But I need a sketch, since it needs to be correctly referenced to the origin.
I'm looking for the API equivalent of this action, which does exactly what I need:

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    michał_wójcik493michał_wójcik493 Member Posts: 2
    Bump. I could also use such an endpoint on the API.
  • Options
    matthew_mueller295matthew_mueller295 Member Posts: 6 EDU
    I'm in the same boat. I can only get the sketch geometry info with the /sketch ending on the URL. I can export an stl with the API, so seems like I should also export a vector file. Any thoughts?