Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you create a sketch where a loft intersects a plane?

scott_caskeyscott_caskey Member Posts: 53 PRO
I am creating a tapered wing section and need tapered ribs.   To do that I create a sketch of the root rib, then create offset planes where each of the other ribs go.  On the last plane I create the tip rib.  I then create a loft section between root and tip.  Each of my ribs is the intersection of the loft and each plane.  But.... when I create a sketch on the plane and tell it to USE what looks like the intersection line, it pulls the line from the root and the tip... How do I get it to only use the intersection of the loft and the plane??  Also is there an easy way to tell it to use all the intersect points instead of having to click on each segment? 

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Well, I just found the INTERSECTION tool..... so I figured it out.   Thanks for playing... :)

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Well, I just found the INTERSECTION tool..... so I figured it out.   Thanks for playing... :)