Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Model broken after automatic update

tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
This happens a lot, so I'm hoping that calling it out will raise some awareness for the problem. This shouldn't be happening.
Every so often, I'll revisit a model that I left weeks or months earlier in a perfectly fine state, usually after an immense struggle to get things just right, and... the model will be broken.
... And I'll look at my feature history, and lo and behold, there will be one or more automatic updates since I last touched the model. This has happened in many of my models, so I'm very confident I'm not imagining things. I know that I left my models in perfectly fine state, without red anywhere, without broken parts or subassemblies or anything else. I go to extreme lengths to make sure of it.
... So it's a little distressing to me to see, time and time and time again, that my models mysteriously break without input on my part. I'm sure we can agree that a valid model today should be a valid model tomorrow? Anyway, just hoping things change so that in the future I don't have to revisit an old model only to find it broken, yet again, and spend still more time reconstructing it when I've constructed and reconstructed and reconstructed and reconstructed it so many times!

Comments

• Options
    mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    @tony_soares459 two things I will recommend here.  

1.  You can always "restore" the model to the previous state in the version tree, before the update happened when your model was looking the way you want.
    2.  If there is an issue with our document upgrade on your model, this is a serious issue and we want to look into the document that this is happening with.  Please "Report a bug" in the help pulldown menu and share the model with our support team as well in the report.
    Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD