Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

NL User Group - any interest in connecting?

Auke_Smit_SILAuke_Smit_SIL Member Posts: 20 PRO
Hey, are there any Dutch people interested in connecting arround OnShape and their uses. I just was made aware of user groups. It sounds interesting to discuss how and where OnShape is used in NL. To discuss best practices or challenge each other.

I am working as R&D manager for SIL Products, a trade organisation developing their own products. Think lighting, solar lights, electric sockets and extenders etc. Communication with our chinese suppliers happens with STP files, so OnShape is a very cost wise decission. but most of all I love the easy of use, feedback to support options, and availability of my 3D files online.
Our interns are used to SolidWorks but once they get to use OnShape in our company they catch on pretty quickly and love it as well.

So I would love to know other people in NL who work with it. how they introduced it in the company or got involved in Onshape. Especially since I do not plan to get back to traditional CAD ;)

Comments

• dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Hello Auke,
    I don,t think you gonna find lot's of user's in the Netherlands, maybe you try looking on Linkedin there is a Dutch user group.
    And maybe I can give you some practical tip's as a long time user.
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello Auke,

There are NL-users, I think most of them hobbyists. I've sent you a personal message.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • Auke_Smit_SILAuke_Smit_SIL Member Posts: 20 PRO
    Hello Auke,
    I don,t think you gonna find lot's of user's in the Netherlands, maybe you try looking on Linkedin there is a Dutch user group.
    And maybe I can give you some practical tip's as a long time user.
    Thanks, I will look for the linkedin group.

I am not sure what I would expect from a group, except to share knowledge and bring in some interesting cases. 
    But I sure hope that Onshape could get a good reputation here. It hase some unique features which I would love to keep using.

• jan_boenjan_boen Member Posts: 3
    Ik wel. Geen Nederlander maar toch Vlaamse Belg en enkele vrienden gebruiken ook OnShape.