Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Zoom in to a particular area of a sketch

sahil_bhattsahil_bhatt Member Posts: 4 EDU
edited November 2020 in Community Support
I have a question about how one can zoom in to a particular part of a sketch. When I zoom in by pressing Shift+Z as I do not have a pointing device, part of the sketch is not visible and I am not able to change the view or reorient the sketch. How can one zoom in to a specific part of a sketch or assembly? I have tried using zoom to selection to zoom to a specific area but it does not zoom in to the correct extent. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    I'm not sure what you mean by "I do not have a pointing device", but have you tried the "w" key to zoom to a window?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @sahil_bhatt

Whar kind of computer are you using ?

A desktop unit or are you possibly using a notebook computer ?

Are you using a mouse or a track ball or a trackpad ?

I’m using the trackpad on a MacBook Pro to zoom.

Two fingers swiped away or towards me on the trackpad to zoom out and in

I’m not pressing down when I’m swiping. I’m just lightly brushing my fingers across the trackpad

There is no panning being done in this GIF. The only thing that is being done is zoom in and out

If I want to center something when zooming in, and that item is off to the left, then prior to the zoom, I place the cursor a little bit further out to the left - then I do the swipe

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @sahil_bhatt

I edited the above post
    Changed the GIF and some of the text