Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't Zoom in Other than to Center of Large Object

jeffrey_hawkinsjeffrey_hawkins Member Posts: 8 EDU
edited April 2021 in Community Support
I am modeling a long object and need to zoom in on the ends of it. I'm using a laptop with a trackpad, so do not have a middle mouse button. I've googled and it appears that ctrl-right-clik and drag should allow me to pan to one end of the object. Yet this does nothing.

Is "Pan" the right terminology to search for? Can anyone tell me how to simpl

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    on my mac I hold "control" and press and drag with 2 fingers for pan. Worst case, you can press f to show the whole model, then press w to draw a window around the area to zoom in on.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I know there has been some discussions as touchpad support outside of Macs is hit or miss. It seems to come down to your individual machine's drivers and settings. You might try searching around on the forums here and see if those other threads have any usable tips. But, if you don't have a Mac, you're probably better of just getting a mouse.