Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Change apperance of a bend line in flat part

andy_niasandy_nias Member Posts: 7 EDU
I am wondering if there is a way to change the appearance of a fold/bent line in a flat metal part. In the UK, british standards use a double dashed line to denote a fold line. Onshape seems to use a centre line which is really confusing my metalwork students. I was wondering if there is either a way to change the appearance or another way of getting a line into the drawing. Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    pmdpmd Member, Developers Posts: 63 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @andy_nias If you mean in a drawing of a sheet metal flat view then Drawing Properties/Views/Flat Pattern rules lets you set the line type and colour indivudually for up and down bends however the choice is only from Solid, Dashed or Center.

Answers

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    You can change 'Show Tangent lines' to solid which will give you the bounds of the bend
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion but what I want to do is change the line running through the centre of the bend so that it is a double dash rather than just an ordinary centre line. 
  • Options
    pmdpmd Member, Developers Posts: 63 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @andy_nias If you mean in a drawing of a sheet metal flat view then Drawing Properties/Views/Flat Pattern rules lets you set the line type and colour indivudually for up and down bends however the choice is only from Solid, Dashed or Center.
  • Options
    That's more like it. I wonder if I can import a double dashed line from a template?