Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Unable to apply Fillets to a Loft

going_alonggoing_along Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

My piece (above) is shown as two parts for the purpose of this question. "Part 2" is constructed using a Loft and ends with sharp corners that I would like to round off, eg using largish fillets.

Due, no doubt, to the geometry and construction I can not find selections that will generate the fillets correctly. Is there a better way?

My thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I'm unclear on what you're trying for. In the image below, are you trying to do the blue fillets, or the orange ones?

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • going_alonggoing_along Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Good question. The blue ones. But, as you mention it, the orange would be good too. :)
  • going_alonggoing_along Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I gave up on this. Instead created a new plane and sketch with which to extract the curves I want. Not ideal but gets me there.
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Well I might be too late getting back to ya, but here's a quick example of how I'd handle and shape like yours. I didn't really pay attention to your dimensions, but the process should work. You also have that hollow section, which I'd create after making this major shape first.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1caba8f32470bbdf3c0a737c/w/461360bde3c683cf69e7e80c/e/384efe6c1ba42ceadd7eecbd
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl