Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Folding a linear sketch pattern round a curve
I'm out of my comfort / knowledge zone with a project.
I'm trying to model a toothed belt profile for a replacement RC tank tread for 3d printing.
I want the replacement tread to be one continuous surface, with 46 curved "teeth" which fit into the existing trapezoid shaped holes in the drive wheels (pictured here http://imgur.com/a/Pcc6j6S).
I've modelled one section in this document:
There are two design constraints:
(1) I'd like to avoid joining, so one continuous circle is required.
(2) the circle would have to be folded in on itself to fit on a 180mm x 180mm print bed (like this picture http://imgur.com/a/TscEQ39)
I don't think face or part patterns will do the job, so any help would be appreciated