Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Manipulator Change and Editing Logic working together

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
edited September 2021 in Community Support
I'm working on a feature with manipulators to change some values, and I also want editing logic to change some values when others are changed. I've got them both working independently, but I'm not sure the best way to make them work together. Put another way, my editing logic works when I type a new value, but not when I change the same value by dragging a manipulator. Is there a way to get it working without somewhat re-creating the editing logic code inside the manipulator change function? Whats an efficient way to do this?

edit: If you see this question twice, you're not crazy. I asked this again in the Using Onshape > FeatureScript section because it seemed like a better spot for it, and was going to delete this one, but now I'm not sure that I can.
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers