Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

locking up, freezing when zooming in/out with a wheel mouse?

michael_eisleymichael_eisley Member Posts: 3 PRO
edited September 2021 in Community Support
has anyone else experienced this? If I use the wheel mouse, I notice lagging, freezing and momentary locking up when I am in a drawing. When I use the Z key and Shift Z to zoom, I experience none of these issues. Any insight is greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    @michael_eisley
    Interesting.  I have noticed a lot of that lately but only when one of the views in the drawing has hidden lines shown.  I will try the keyboard way of zooming to see if it stops.  For me it seems if I hesitate for a second during my decision to zoom like taking a look and then deciding to zoom further into an area, if I hesitate too long, the smaller spinning wheel appears and I have to wait like 5 seconds before I can do anything again.
  • michael_eisleymichael_eisley Member Posts: 3 PRO
    thanks for the reply. I will look into the views with the hidden lines shown. I'll let you know. Have a terrific day.