Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Using configured properties/part numbers for some (but not all) length-driven part configs?

Eleanor_CoffinEleanor_Coffin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in Using Onshape
Looking for help on this puzzle. Image for reference below.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do: Set up a simple length-variable part, like this rod here. There are a few lengths of this rod that my company has separate part numbers for. All the rest get lumped into the length-variable C0418 (as indicated). Is there a way to set it up so that that's done automatically? I'd like to be able to use new lengths of this part on the fly without having to come back to the Configured Properties tab and specifically assign properties to the exact length I need. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Hans_Ole_LeirvikHans_Ole_Leirvik Member Posts: 80 PRO
    Just create another part for the one with variable length and put C0418 in the Part Number property.