Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I need help to recover. I made a change and I think I broke or lost it all HELP!!

carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭

I made a change in the drawing in sketch 1 i think and I think I broke it. I lost a lot of work and not sure if I could recover it. I am new to this, just a few weeks into 3d modeling and this is going to kill me!

Comments

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO
    If the model is broken due to a sketch change, you can revert back to a previous point in time with the steps below. If the sketch was some how never saved, I'm not sure how to recover an unsaved sketch.
    • Open the versions and history tab.
    • Make sure you are viewing "Main"
    • While viewing main, right click the old version you want to restore. Then click restore to main.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Jake_DelanoJake_Delano Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 41
    Hi Carlos, if this was a sketch that you had committed already and want to reference back to, try using the Versions and History Tab. You can restore your design to a previous point through the Restore functionality. If you were in the middle of a sketch and closed it out without committing the changes, then you will have to recreate your work.
  • carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Thank you all for your help! Disaster averted!