Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hirth Joint

Good day. I would like to ask you for help. I'm trying to learn to model a Hirth Joint. I'm following a video on youtobe. I got to the end almost but the problem I have is with the coincident. This is exactly what the video shows
I can't move any further because I can't move the top of the triangle one point lower and I also can't make the sides of the triangle parallel to the larger triangle. What he does directly in the video. Can you advise me where I made a mistake or what to do.

Here is a link directly to the file.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 258
    Answer ✓
    You can see that the video author deletes one of the coincident constraints on the lower vertex. Just mouse over the point and you'll see the constraints appear. You can click and press the delete key on one of them.

Answers

• lukas_lukas768lukas_lukas768 Member Posts: 6
    Time video 3:11 
  • _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 258
    Answer ✓
    You can see that the video author deletes one of the coincident constraints on the lower vertex. Just mouse over the point and you'll see the constraints appear. You can click and press the delete key on one of them.
  • lukas_lukas768lukas_lukas768 Member Posts: 6
    Thx