Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What happened to the way mate connectors are selected

I am using Onshape with middle and high school students for VEX robotics.  The way mate connectors are selected when you are fastening has changed.  They used to work fine, but now it is impossible to select the mate connector that is in the middle of a hole.  What happened?  It is suddenly unusable.

Answers

• CmartinezCmartinez Member Posts: 8 PRO
    I've noticed it too. I can´t select the center of a hexagon to mate an insert nut.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    I haven't noticed any change, but it is generally helpful to hold down the "shift" key when your mouse is over the correct face/entity to "lock" it in focus, it makes it easier to then select any of the mate connectors it generates
  • CmartinezCmartinez Member Posts: 8 PRO
    I´d swear this worked with no need of holding shift key, but I might be wrong. It works as you say anyway. Thanks!
  • Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    The "Shift" key suggestion is great. One thing I've also noticed with students is they sometimes don't zoom in close enough to the parts to see what their mouse is actually selecting. 

If you have a link to the document and make it public or a screen recording of what is happening, posting those would be appreciated as well!
  • MaggieGMaggieG Member Posts: 1 EDU
    link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NmX3py5ELLrV0QLjK8ewp0bTfsR8vfrv/view?usp=sharing

The first few selections show the current issue with selecting mate connecters, and the last working selection was done with holding the "shift" key, but just like Cmartinez said that it used to work without the need to hold the shift key.