Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

FeatureScript on mobile?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
I’m not sure what has limited FeatureScript on mobile, but perhaps better editor support might be helpful? This blog entry reviews a couple of alternatives to Ace:

https://blog.replit.com/code-editors

Comments

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    you can do it in a mobile browser, but should is another question. It takes me back to the early iPhone days before any sites prioritized design for mobile use.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Fair enough. I'm not really interested in Onshape on a phone, except for limited (approvals, pulling up a part/assembly and spinning it around to look at something, etc) uses. I see people posting videos of doing all their work on a phone - more power to them - it's not really for me. The iPad, however, is potentially interesting as a secondary, but still useful, device for real work. Some of the things which were demoed at Onshape Live (AR stuff) are still a bit of a tech push, but using the Apple Pencil to do real red-lines etc, would be cool. As that gets better and better, the lack of support for drawings and FeatureScript work becomes more frustrating.