Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why are my students constantly getting a message to "refresh their browser" while working?

robert_deasonrobert_deason Member Posts: 2 EDU
When working in Onshape, my students get a message that says "Onshape is not connected.  Your document is saved.  Refresh the browser to continue working on the document."  When they refresh, there is a second version of themselves working on the document, then when it happens again and again, a third and then a fourth version of themselves shows up as working on it.  How do I stop this from happening, and how do I remove the extra versions?  NOTE:  This happens to the students but not to me, even though we are working on the same type of computers.

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 359
    Hi @robert_deason. Sorry for the annoyance. You are seeing "Onshape is not connected" because the network connection between the student computer and our servers is being broken. When the students join back in, they see the "ghost" of themselves because our servers haven't seen the network disconnection and believe the previous sessions are still active.

Please get your IT folks involved. This is usually caused by either network devices that are interrupting the websocket we are using or there is security software on the devices themselves that are disconnecting the websocket.

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.