Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Connection issues with a group of students trying to access Onshape at the same time.

I teach in a secondary school and have been trying to introduce Onshape to my students.  I can get a class of student all signed up with their own logins but when it comes to them creating a drawing the majority of student get the blue loading circle and told the refresh the browser.  We have looked into the possibility of firewalls and other computer settings issue but can not work out what is causing the issue.   

We can get a maximum of 6 students signed into their own account and creating a drawing but once the 7th student tries opening and creating a drawing they simply get the blue loading screen and told to refresh to browser.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 359
    Hi @angela_hopkinson. Sorry you are running into issues. Please open a support ticket from within Onshape and we will figure out what is going on. Please provide (in the ticket) the login name of one or two of the students that have seen this problem and the approximate times that they experienced it.

Thanks
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.