Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I turn this surface into a solid with the desired curvature?

Joshua_SoizaJoshua_Soiza Member Posts: 5
I have been getting fairly solid with OnShape recently, and I decided to take up this personal project. I wanted to create a mask inspired by the recent Mortal Kombat masks. The problem is that I don't know how to create a solid out of the surface without using the thicken tool, which creates a collection of weird curvatures that mess with the aesthetic I'm looking for, and with the fit of the mask.

I thickened the solid from this surface:

I can't seem to get the front mouthpiece of the mask to have the chamfering I want, and the nosepiece is not joined at a singular angle. Additionally, when I extrude the holes (I'll refer to them as "fangs" from now on) in the sides of the mask and chamfer the edges, the chamfers are slightly pulled up.

I don't know if there's a way to even out the surfacing of the chamfers on the fangs, and I haven't been able to find out on the web. How do I fix these issues?

Thanks

Answers