Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Named View Data? Save and use across different documents and render studio?

robert_johnstonrobert_johnston Member Posts: 24 PRO
Is it possible to save a named view that you like in one part studio/assembly/render studio, then have the ability to use that named view in other non related documents for consistency?
Maybe a way of seeing that data and having the ability to enter the numbers for a new named/saved view in a different document?
Based on the origin, zoom, angle, rotation, pan etc? Like a saved camera position you could say?

Comments

• Hans_Leirvik_1Hans_Leirvik_1 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I don't think so .
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    I don't think so, but in render studio you can set the camera by punching in numbers so you could re-create it reasonably easily from one render studio to another.
  • robert_johnstonrobert_johnston Member Posts: 24 PRO
    I don't think so, but in render studio you can set the camera by punching in numbers so you could re-create it reasonably easily from one render studio to another.
    :o  is that view angle and zoom for the camera? Can you screen capture where I can find this please  :)
    :o  is that view angle and zoom for the camera? Can you screen capture where I can find this please  :)
    Well I can't seem to find how I did it anymore but I definitely remember fine tuning the position of the camera by adjusting numbers... I have a feeling you had to select the camera in the tree and it was there somewhere but I'm can't seem to find it... Maybe something to do with the fact they moved the camera icon out of the tree...
    Well I can't seem to find how I did it anymore but I definitely remember fine tuning the position of the camera by adjusting numbers... I have a feeling you had to select the camera in the tree and it was there somewhere but I'm can't seem to find it... Maybe something to do with the fact they moved the camera icon out of the tree...
    Thanks, it is mainly in render studio that I'm trying to get the same frame and shots across different products. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.  :)  
    Thanks, it is mainly in render studio that I'm trying to get the same frame and shots across different products. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.  :)  
    Just submit a ticket! They should be able to tell you!
    I know it was there for sure, I used it several times...
    edited June 2022
    Just submit a ticket! They should be able to tell you!
    I know it was there for sure, I used it several times...
    I did do a support ticket, was submitted before the weekend and have gotten back to me now.
    The feedback is,
    Currently it's not possible, the closest that can be done atm is using the default view cube positions.
    It's a requested feature and currently being worked on.
    Weird, I swear it used to be possible! I am 95% sure I  got to a dialogue where I could adjust the position in small increments, and I remember the units were meters in x, y, z and also I could ajuste the rotations by typing numbers. The interface was confusing as heck but it was there!
    Need this from Keyshot basically