Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Exporting All Part Files as Specified File Type From Top-Level Assembly BOM

AndrewOverbyAndrewOverby Member Posts: 7 PRO
Hey there, 

I have a top-level assembly BOM of about 30 unique parts. Some parts are contained in weldments within part studios, where each part is a specific piece of the weldment with a drawing tied to it. Others are just simple machined parts where there is only one part per part studio.

Being that the top-level BOM is the source of truth for my assembly, it would be awesome if I could export all the part files within the assembly simply. This is pretty straightforward with drawings because of the drawing filter in the left-hand file viewer, but I can't seem to find an easy way to export all the parts. Given that parts are contained within an assembly and not part studios, I would think there is away to filter based on that, but maybe there is not? Does my workflow need to change? Appreciate the help in advance!

- Andrew

Answers

• caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Someone else might have a standard workflow that'll help you.
    But I know in a worst case scenario, this workflow could be done with the API.
  • AndrewOverbyAndrewOverby Member Posts: 7 PRO
    I may need to look in to the API as an option. It seems odd that there isn't an easy way to export assembly parts, but instead part studios. For now, it is probably best for my time to go through and export each of the parts individually. I can see this being a big pain point with 100+ part assemblies and am surprised I haven't found a solution to this on other OnShape forums. 
  • AndrewOverbyAndrewOverby Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Someone else might have a standard workflow that'll help you.
    But I know in a worst case scenario, this workflow could be done with the API.

Caden,

What is your standard workflow for exporting large packages of individual parts in OnShape?

Thanks!