Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Folders Printing

Is there any way to print folders at once for documentation purposes?

Answers

• Options
    JollyJolly Member Posts: 81 PRO
    I don't think there's a way to export folders to text. A screenshot (or multiple screenshots) would probably be a workaround. In our documentation I normally just add a link to the specific version (plus whatever drawings/exports) necessary as well.
  • Options
    caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    If you don't mind having to automate it, you can do it with the API.

If you put this URL into your browser (while you have Onshape open), you should see a list of items in your Onshape:
    https://cad.onshape.com/api/globaltreenodes/magic/1?getPathToRoot=true&limit=50&sortColumn=modifiedAt&sortOrder=desc

You would have to go through the list of items and find the ones that are only of type "folder", and then find the information that you want (which I assume would be the "name" property.

One thing to note is that the URL only gives you the first 50 items. To get the next 50, you need to follow the URL in the property "next", which has set the "offset" property for you.