Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - June 27th, 2022

13»

Comments

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español
    https://youtu.be/7ZdjLwgesA0
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    Just finished a project that involved creating exploded views of multiple configurations that were almost identical and I wanted them to all look similar. Variable studios is a real lifesaver. 
  • Jacob_DavisJacob_Davis Member Posts: 4 PRO
    I am loving the variable studio implementation but I was hoping a new patch could fix one problem I have with it.

Right now if you rename a variable it breaks the reference to the variable everywhere that it is used! I was hoping that renaming the variable would automatically update the references to point to the new variable name.
  • johannes_beckerjohannes_becker Member Posts: 8
    I like the global variables. But one add-on would improve it's usability:

In the dialog of a variable make a selection box where we can select where the variable is defined. Then we can directly define a variable being defined in a variable studio or locally.
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Question to @johannes_becker (or whoever upvoted): why would that be easier for you than just typing a row in the correct variable studio in the variable pane?  To avoid opening the variable table or for some other reason?

Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc