Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why is the forum showing your own posts are "new"?

eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,495 PRO
As the title says, kind of annoying when you post something in a thread and then next time you come back to the forums you think someone has added a new answer but it's just your own post...

Pretty sure it didn't use to do this, maybe it's just me?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 477 PRO
    It's not just you. I have been noticing it as well. 
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    It seems like it does this for some but not all of the categories. I end up hitting "mark all viewed" a fair amount. It may just be a database sync frequency issue, but I really don't know.

There's an inverse bug where I open up the main forum link, and there's a whole list of unread stuff, and then I start to read a couple and other ones suddenly are listed as being read. These are things I know I haven't read yet.

Whatever is going on, it's been annoying for quite a while.
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    About half a week ago or so, I saw some posts where it appeared as if no one had looked at those posts at all, and it was that way for days with those particular posts. And I thought to myself — that doesn’t look right. Because I knew for one, that I had looked at those posts and that didn’t even register

So yeah. I’m seeing the forum work in a quirky way also