Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What's New in the Onshape App Store (September 2022)

Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
edited October 2022 in App Store & Partners Apps

Reading not your thing? Watch this short ~5min video to get all the biggest news from the last quarter.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/i0roizzb1g?embedType=async&seo=false&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

NEW APP - REFERENCE FINDER

No, it's not just a clever name, this app does just like it sounds. It finds Onshape references –in the form of links or Document ID's– across multiple platforms, and compiles those in a single location. This can help teams track past conversations, tasks, and supplementary documentation automatically using the various platforms that you use day-in-and-day-out. Today, this works with Trello, Slack, Confluence, Jira, and Google Drive, but there are plans to add many more connections. 

Customize your ‘reference finder’ experience, to compliment the way your team works, and get in contact with the development team to add suggestions and give feedback. Stay up to date with Reference finder, by visiting their website

UPDATES  

SimScale now supports Onshape versions. This means simulation boundary conditions are retained when new versions are imported. Once the new version is imported, we can run the simulation without any additional setup, allowing you to iterate faster through the design & simulate loop. Learn more about their other updates, here

The Cadasio team never seems to rest, but we hand selected some of our favorite updates from the last quarter. This includes new transitions so you can fine tune your documentation to have the right feel/experience, and "pop ups". Pop ups should not be confused with the annoying ads of yesteryears, but instead as helpful ways to supplement documentation with images, videos, pdfs, and more. Watch the video above or see their update available here

Our friends over at Phenometry continue to delight their growing userbase with delivery of feature-after-feature. In the ~minute devoted to these plentiful updates, we tried our best to hit some real crowd pleasers like...

• flipping surface normals to maintain consistency
  • projecting surfaces 
  • the ability to copy/paste individual faces instead of entire bodies
  • the new quick introduction videos to help you get started, and a sampling of their ample learning materials
  • persistent settings, including unit system from Onshape documents
  • and simplified snapping options.
These are just a sampling of the updates. See here for more details. 

OpenBOM will soon be adding a new capability to enable its users to automatically generate and zip STLs and STEP files from your Onshape documents. Make sure to read more about it here

WRAP UP

We'll have more NEW apps to show in the next installment, so stay tuned! 

Tagged:

Comments

• fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    @Aaron_Magnin I love that you're pushing @alnis's work here.

About the Simscale update- wasn't the versions already available for a while?

I think what's new is CAD Associativity (scroll here for a while: https://www.simscale.com/blog/simulation-updates-cad-associativity-solver-post-processing-tools/)- for convienence I posted the relevant part below:
    CAD associativity is a major new workflow enhancement for SimScale that makes it really easy for users to quickly simulate different design iterations imported from their CAD system. Once a user has imported a CAD model and has set up their simulation, this new feature then allows the user to select a different design iteration of the model from their CAD system and swap it with the initial model in SimScale, retaining the simulation setup.

This was the original IR: https://roadmap.simscale.com/c/129-associative-cad-update-for-faster-design-verification-onshape
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    It has been out for about 2 months. I would have got this video out earlier, but I was waiting for the stars to align.

• fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    It has been out for about 2 months. I would have got this video out earlier, but I was waiting for the stars to align.

ah okay... we had an Onshape user group meeting on the 1st of September with two guys from Simscale, an the CAD associativity wasn't out then, just the option to select versions when picking during importing. The focus on CAD associativity is iteration, iteration, iteration...

P.S. was this the star you were trying to align?

• Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    @fnxf Lol, yep, thats the star!
    Kidding, I was waiting for a partner to deliver some new functionality.