Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly configurations - easy selection with multiple possible combinations

Hi,

I'd like to configure parts in an assembly to make the overall component easily customisable with a different selection of parts. The component is a frame that houses multiple glands of varying types and sizes. I would like it possible that each slot that houses a gland can be selected and the gland type/size chosen from a drop down menu. This would enable, for example, someone to choose gland 4 in slot 2 and gland 13 in slot 5, whilst leaving the others empty or with blanking glands.

Currently, I can only figure out how to configure it such that each possible combination is a selectable configuration option. But with several gland types/sizes and multiple slots, the number of combinations is vast and hard to define. Hence a dropdown for each slot would make selecting the desired glands easier. Any ideas? 

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers