Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

HELP! Entire design vanished!

neil_prestonneil_preston Member Posts: 12
I was working on a small section of the design in a sketch, zoomed in and trying to select a line segment to edit it, and something I must have done made the entire workspace go blank, as if a new workspace. I have no idea what I did.

Is there any way to recover it?

How can I save versions of my work to avoid this in the future?

Answers

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    You'll usually get a good response if you can share document with the copy option enabled.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,490 PRO
    We can't tell exactly what happened without seeing your document but as a general rule, you should just be able to expand the version and history and open up the last version before your change...

https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/Primer/versions.htm?Highlight=versions and history
  • glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I notice from time to time that I need to refresh the Chrome browser to make things show up.
  • neil_prestonneil_preston Member Posts: 12
    Well, situation resolved.....   I saw at the bottom of the screen that there were what appeared to be 'tabs' that I was not aware of.  I selected the other tab, and -voila!- it reappeared.   So my initial panic evaporated.  Still don't know how I switched tabs, but I'll know to watch out for it in the future.

BTW, using FireFox.

Thanks for the responses!