Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to disable specific drop-down options

donovan_copiolidonovan_copioli Member Posts: 6 EDU
Is there a way to disable specific drop-down options based on what the user's previous drop-down choice was? For example, on a gear, if the user selected 32DP and on the next dropdown I wanted to disable certain tooth counts how would I do that?

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I assume you mean you're making a custom feature and want to do this. Look at Lookup Tables in the documentation. It's how the hole feature works, for example. 
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • donovan_copiolidonovan_copioli Member Posts: 6 EDU
    Yes, this answered my question, but I'm going in-depth with this, so is there a way to do it so that when you answer the first drop down it limits the next 3 drop downs instead of just the next one?
  • donovan_copiolidonovan_copioli Member Posts: 6 EDU
    And second. Once I do a second and third drop-down option how do I define the middle one? so for example on line 13 I have it as 12 teeth but the next drop-down limits you to specific bores of gears. But the thing is that now I can only define the bore of the gear. is there a way to define the tooth count while still limiting the next drop-down?