Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Properties in Drawing Format Not Updating

steve_cohensteve_cohen Member Posts: 27 EDU
edited February 2019 in Community Support
I made a drawing format, and included drawing properties such as Last Changed By and Last Changed Date.  Even though I change the drawing and update it,  those properties to do not change. I have some configuration specific properties like Revision that do change.  Any ideas?

Answers

• Options
    patrick_farleypatrick_farley Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I did some test, but I had to wait a day for the date to change (Sorry)
    What I found is the "Drawing Last Change Date" Field only update on a modification on any of the part that you insert and not the drawing itself.
    So let say you add a note, or move part in the drawing sheet, the date will not update.
    But if you make a modification on any part that are inserted in the drawing sheet then yes the date will update.
    That's what i found after some trial.
    Hope this helps.

Pat F

• Options
    wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    There's also an issue I have been running into a lot lately which is if you have linked documents then setting properties in the main assembly only updates the properties of the versions of the linked versions not the main workspace. Then if you update any of the linked documents the part you created no longer exists. I raised a ticket in case you want to contribute any ideas or issues you've had.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/19967/allow-linked-documents-to-update-properties-in-main#latest