Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exporting to .sldprt only creates a empty file

irfan_rafiqueirfan_rafique Member Posts: 3
Hi 

Does anyone have a explanation my the files come out empty when I try to export parts to any other format than .stl?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you describe explicitly what steps you are taking to export them? And how the parts are created (ideally, by making the document public and posting a link here)?
  • Options
    I choose "Export.." in parts studio.. and then Solidworks in the poup.
    Here is a link for the part:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/076a122581184b17a9b40647/w/d639056a425841a19080e095/e/551e2c280b9e499bbf545b33
  • Options
    julian_lelandjulian_leland Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 59 PRO
    One thing that I've seen happen in the past is that a part created in Onshape which is relatively far away from the part studio origin will be imported into SW using that same origin - and the part won't be initially visible, because it's out of view of the default SW camera. Just to start at the basics, have you tried scrolling out/in and orbiting around in SW to make sure it's not just hidden someplace else in the SW part document?
  • Options
    For some reason it won't open with e-drawings. However I managed to open it in SW, but is it possible to continue working on in SW?