Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I'm not sure why OS isn't letting me to make an assembly with a part so I can export it as an STL?

caroline_readcaroline_read Member Posts: 31
edited July 2015 in Community Support
It says that the thing I made is a surface but not a part and ultimately all I want to do is download it as an stl and then 3d print it just for practice.  Not sure where I'm getting lost.  
UPDATE: FIGURED IT OUT not sure how to delete this post though...

Best Answers

• Options
    christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @caroline_readIf you have more that one Part in your Part Studio you can 'right-click' on it in the Parts List then select "Export to STL..." to only export the selected part.

Answers

• Options
    caroline_readcaroline_read Member Posts: 31
    Also, the reason I mentioned the assembly part is because I thought, or am thinking, that if the part is in the assembly studio that it will be more able to be downloaded.  sorry about the weird phrasing.
  • Options
    christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @caroline_readIf you have more that one Part in your Part Studio you can 'right-click' on it in the Parts List then select "Export to STL..." to only export the selected part.