Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

dimensioned angled box lines won't turn black

I'm drawing a 17.090844"(vertical) x .250" (horizontal) box with the top and bottom at 125 degrees and side of the box angled at 55 degrees from horizontal, to fit in a box and using construction line box, set at 160" horizontal x 20" vertical to space the "angled" box 2" from the top and 4" from the bottom.
And the the lines are staying blue even after adding dimensions. I have tried drawing it other ways and still get the same result. even tried different constraints. Been monkeying around with it for 3 hours...
Even tried setting the dimension measurement for the 17.090844 to... horizontal (14") and vertical (9.802906")

Any ideas why?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    robert_brown153robert_brown153 Member Posts: 6
    Answer ✓
    Duh... thanks... That was the problem... as soon as I dimensioned it to the construction box horizontally, it turned black. I was thinking if you dimensioned 2 sides, it should turn black. Wasn't thinking that it didn't "know" where in space it was supposed to be.

Answers

• Options
    michael_bromleymichael_bromley Member Posts: 110 PRO
    From a quick glance it looks to me that they are not constrained in space.  If you click on a corner vertex and drag it does your sketch move? If so it is not fully constrained and it will not turn black.  You need to fix them in space somehow, most likely relative to the origin, a plane, or a mate connector.
  • Options
    robert_brown153robert_brown153 Member Posts: 6
    Answer ✓
    Duh... thanks... That was the problem... as soon as I dimensioned it to the construction box horizontally, it turned black. I was thinking if you dimensioned 2 sides, it should turn black. Wasn't thinking that it didn't "know" where in space it was supposed to be.