Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Copy (Paste) Group in an Assembly?

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hello! I placed in an assembly eight Parts that I made into a Group. Now I want more copies of that group. All I could figure to do was Right-Click the Group under Mate Features to Hide it... bring in the eight parts again, and make another group. I see you can Copy-Paste a Part but not a Group. See Car 1 and Car 2 in my "exploded" view of a "people mover" concept. ...(Always answer my own question while writing these!)... I see I can drag a window around the "group" selecting the eight items, right-click and copy the eight items, right-click paste the eight items and then create another group with them. Bit faster...paste again and group again...

Answers

• christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Be nice to have an "eyeball" next to a Group in Mate Features!
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    The other alternative is to create a subassembly and insert it as many times as you want to have cars.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    I also thought of that, but didn't want another tab! @ilya_baran I did try before creating a sub assembly within an assembly. I'll have to practice that a bit more!