Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Created Mate Connector doesn't Hide with Owner Part in Parts Studio....

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Community Support
...but does with the Owner Part in Assembly (which makes sense). So now there is something else to Hide separately. I made the Mate Connectors for convenience in Parts Studio (that has many Parts) and now they must be hidden separate from the Owner Part. I assumed that when I Hide the part the Mate Connectors owned by that part would Hide too! What is the saying about assume...

Best Answer

Answers

• christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    OH! I see that if you Hide the individual Mate Connectors in Parts Studio they still show in the Assembly...  AH! The power of Right-Click! I really must get use to that! Again Right-Click a Mate Connector-Hide All Others then Right-Click again and Hide. A "Hide All" would be nice! AH again... RIght-Click in an open area and Show All to get the mate connectors back. I seem to be a "Click first, ask questions (and read instructions) later!" type!!