Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I copy a edge (line) from a face to make it an individual line so that I can use edit and use it

harley_zhaoharley_zhao Member Posts: 2
edited October 2019 in Community Support
I use split tool to split a part so that I got a projected lines, Can I copy the line and use it for other loft command?

thanks you very much!

Answers

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you can use edges within the loft command, but I know you can create a new sketch and then use the "USE" command to create sketch lines from the edges you created. 

Also, instead of using the split tool, you could create a plane the intersects your part, create a sketch, and then use the "Intersection" command in the sketch to convert a the projected lines you need.