Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Edit in Context, Standard Content...

t_caryt_cary Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
To make a recess for a nut or bolt head, or to fully encapsulate a bolt head or make a holder for a nut in a 3D model...  It would be useful to be able to edit the Part Studio to make it all fit, ie Edit It In Context.
But the Standard Content items disappear when you Edit In Context.  How would I work around that?

Answers

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Just tried this out since it seemed a bit off.
    It would seem that the Standard content it's self is not the problem. There needs to be a previously defined in context that can be updated before the hardware shows when editing in context. The assemblies I worked with were in 2 different documents. My initial document had no previous in context edits to update but when I added something in context and inserted it I was given the option to update context then all standard content hardware showed in context.

I think this may be something to ask support for help with.