Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

hole pattern instances

bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hi,
If I have a pattern of holes, is it possible to suppress just one of the holes rather than redo the complete pattern? This was easy in SW, but I have not been able to figure it out here.

Thanks,
Bob

Answers

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure this functionality exists if you're using the hole feature. Maybe you could just delete the hole faces manually? 

Alternatively, you could use a sketch pattern to define your hole locations and you can easily delete elements from the sketch pattern before you make the holes. I think this would work if you're using points to make holes with the hole features or if you're drawing circles and extruding them to make holes, either way. 

https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-sketch-patterns-in-onshape