Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

System Requirements

SnoozySnoozy Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
What are the system requirements for Onshape?  My performance is abysmal and I'm wondering if my computer and/or internet connection are not up to snuff.

Answers

• Options
    DaleBDaleB Member Posts: 3
    My performance dropped off today as well. Was great yesterday. I think the servers are overloaded.

If Lou see's this, my support ticket is 5463.  I'm trying from home now on a completely different computer, operating system and internet connection (100 GB) and am still seeing the same crappy performance.

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I am having following system configuration which is sufficient to work on Onshape without any performance issue.

Thanks,
    Shashank
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi @DaleB. Our servers are absolutely not overloaded. We monitor and manage the capacity and performance of Onshape around the clock. There are some known performance issues working with public models and certain modeling operations can cause slowdowns. We have also seen slowdowns due to throttling by ISPs and corporate firewalls, client computer problems and browser bugs. 

I looked into your ticket yesterday and didn't see any server-side issues. There was a connectivity problem reported with one of the ISPs you were using. From one of your locations I can see that traffic is flowing from you, through New Jersey, to our servers in Oregon and then back along that path.

We can continue this in the ticket you have open. 

Thanks
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.