Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New: Mold Design Features & Webinar

NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 3,267
This Thursday, 12/12/19 at 11am EST, I will be hosting a webinar to talk about mold design methodologies in Onshape and to introduce 4 new custom features:

As the names suggest, these custom features automate the creation of core and cavity geometry. A number of Onshape users have already beta-tested these features for me using real-world customer examples. If you want to try them out, please do. However, the features will remain in beta for now so I can get more feedback and more examples to test against. The features are fairly intuitive, but if you try them out and you don't get the results you would expect, please make sure you attend the webinar where I will explain the rules behind how the geometry is created, plus a few tips & tricks on how to get a mold to split.

The features can be found here.

A big thank you to all my beta-testers and a thank you in advance to all those who submit examples!

Remember, you don’t have to copy the Document to use these custom features, just add them to your toolbar using the “Custom features” button at the top of the Document. You can also find them in FeatureScript Samples.

Comments

• Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    @NeilCooke,
    Nice! Curious about the features and webinar.
    And... do I see separate colored surfaces in one part?
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 3,267
    Henk_de_V said:
    And... do I see separate colored surfaces in one part?
    Not just yet.....
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 510 PRO
    is there a recording of this webinar somewhere?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Fractal
    Instagram: @evan.reese.designs
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    @Evan_Reese - the webinars are usually available here: https://www.onshape.com/learn/webinars

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 510 PRO
    @Evan_Reese - the webinars are usually available here: https://www.onshape.com/learn/webinars

thanks!
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Fractal
    Instagram: @evan.reese.designs