Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating Basic Parts Features: Excercise Sweep

yuggniiksyuggniiks Member Posts: 25 EDU
edited February 2020 in Community Support
I'm working through the sweep exercise (Self-Paced Part Design Using Part Studios) and have a basic question regarding step 6.  They create a sketch with the right plane, and then make the circle to be drawn Coincident to align with the previous sketch.  

My question:  When I created my sketch I have it offset from the origin planes.  I want to create a new Right Plane, and do this by choosing right plane, then 'plane point' to align the right plane on my paperclip sketch.  The next step is where I get stuck.  I try to then make a circle on that newly created plane, but I can't draw it.  I'm missing something basic here i'm pretty sure.

What I've tried to show here, is the new plane 1 i created, then when I try to create a circle (on that new Plane 1) at the end of the paperclip it creates the circle very far away. 

Thanks!

***SOLVED***

I tried again, and this time I clicked on the "plane 1" then clicked sketch and it allowed me to sketch on that plane.