Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Open Drawing from Part Studio

LavonLavon Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
Is there a way to switch to a parts drawing from the part studio? In SW when you create a drawing you can right click and "Open Drawing" but all I can find in OS is "Create Drawing." It's a pain to go looking for a parts drawing when you have 50 of them in a folder. You can switch to the part studio from the drawing but vise versa?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    Yes, it's not possible currently but it is something we intend to support.  
  • Options
    ken_xuken_xu Member Posts: 6 PRO
    PeteYodis said:
    Yes, it's not possible currently but it is something we intend to support.  
    any updates on this? been 2 years. Thanks.
  • Options
    Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    Is there an improvement request I can go vote on for this? Came to the OS forums tonight for this purpose.
  • Options
    Brian_MickBrian_Mick Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Any update? it's been two years, we really need this functionality for managing hundreds of parts.  Thank you!! 
  • Options
    Brian_MickBrian_Mick Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Everyone, here is the improvement request: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/19353/open-drawing-from-part-or-assembly/p1?new=1

Please upvote to expedite! 
  • Options
    Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    I'm not an Onshape developer but my suspicion is that the "difficulty" with this is that there is not a 1:1 match between part and drawing. You can have the same part referenced on one or many different drawings.