Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I make my leaders sit inline with it's text?

Is it possible to make leaders sit inline with the text they are associated with?
Either at the mid of the text group, or at the mid of the top line, either way?

Answers

• SandoSando Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to make leaders sit inline with the text they are associated with?
    Either at the mid of the text group, or at the mid of the top line, either way?
    I am having the same problem. I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 768 PRO
    Could you provide a picture or rough sketch of what you are trying to do? I think I'm imagining the wrong thing.
  • nicholas_withamnicholas_witham Member Posts: 13
    Here's an example of "inline leaders"
    notice how the leader is attached to the notation at the middle of the text, not underneath. This is how leaders are shown in AS1100 (Australian Standards).

@nicholas_withamThanks for explaining. That makes sense now.

Currently, this is not possible. There are a few work arounds you can do. Here is the easiest one:
    • Remove all leaders from the note.
    • Left click the note.
    • Drag the angular manipulator to the angle you would like.
    • Right click the note, add the new leader.

You can also align text with a line by dragging the text from the bottom center manipulator and attaching it to the line: