Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Need advice for creating a sheet metal flange (non-rectangular)

StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
Having difficulty in creating a flange on an interior cutout that is not "nicely" rectangular.

Onshape seams to be having a problem with wanting to put in blend reliefs during the flange creation which are confusing the issue.

The "Automatic miter" option isn't properly mitering the overlapping intersection. So I manually entered an appropriate miter angle.
Got closer to result, but the bend reliefs still appears to be an issue. Even tried making the bend radius really small.

I would welcome and ideas on how to get this to work. 

Note: After the fact I will change the bend relief and to a "tear". 

Comment: Given that incorporating a default bend relief while creating a flange can cause problems wouldn't it make sense to have the option to specify the blend relief type during flange creation?   

Answers