Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do my students share their completed drawing with me?

james_cook348james_cook348 Member Posts: 2 EDU
How do my students share their completed drawing with me?  I am their instructor.

Answers

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Have them click on the Share button and enter the email associated with your account. Make sure they give you Edit and Share privileges. Sharing is for the entire document. When I grade, I have the students make a version that tells you what they want graded. I switch into that version and use the commenting tool to leave them feedback.

• steven_griffingsteven_griffing Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Have you ever had a situation where a student could not share a model/drawing?
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    I'm not a teacher, but in my experience on a high school robotics team, sharing always worked (we didn't experience bugs with it). However, in some cases, you can view a document, but you can't share it:

1. If person A shares a document with person B, person B isn't necessarily able to share it further to person C. If A didn't give B permission to share the document further, B can't share it further.

2. You also can't activate the share dialog on a document that you have not been given access to (e.g. a public document or a document shared by a link that you are viewing). However, you can pass on the link in that case.

I might be forgetting some more special cases to be aware of (particularly if you have the education enterprise tier--I have 0 experience with enterprise stuff and I know the enterprise has extra data security controls for admins). However, in short, if a student has created a document themselves on the standard education plan, they are always able to share it with anyone.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com