Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing with Parts Studio Configurations

kent_hendersonkent_henderson Member Posts: 69 PRO
In my parts studio called Tote Goat Guard Set I will have approximately 80 different configurations. This was amazingly easy to do. (I know I didn't need to use variables but by naming as such it's easier to enter from my spreadsheet). Here is my question. I have made a drawing of the first configuration AL190SN. Is there an easy way to do a drawing for the other configurations?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1f32343c9e7a2a9154d66504/w/df137f47a8698bbcfacf8cf6/e/bcaa9c09cf2297e23c8ca5e3
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 236
    Hello @kent_henderson

This is a great question!  You can make a drawing of multiple configurations by copying the original drawing and simply changing the configuration.

Right click on the drawing tab and select duplicate.

Once the drawing is copied, right click on the views you wish to change. Select "change configuration."

The part, part metadata and dimensions will update.  Hope this helps!

• Options
    kent_hendersonkent_henderson Member Posts: 69 PRO
    That's perfect. Thank you. I feel dumb. I've been using Onshape for years and never noticed "Change Configuration" when I right clicked in a drawing. Thanks Mr Obvious.