Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to copy a part to another folder in my Onshape?

ehsan_pazookiehsan_pazooki Member Posts: 52 EDU
Hello guys,

Could some one please tell me, how can I copy a part to another folder in my Onshape?

Thank you very much and best regards
Essi

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you mean by "part". If you're talking about an entire part studio, you can right-click the tab and select "duplicate". You can then drag that new part studio to whatever folder you want. If the target folder is higher in the document's folder tree, you'll need to right-click and select "Move to parent folder" first.

If you're talking about just a single part from a part studio, you can insert individual parts into a part studio via the "Derive" feature. If you want it in a different folder, just create the target part studio in the desired location first.